Workshop is Sold Out
The Improvement Science in Practice course is sold out and we are no longer accepting new applications. Sign up for our mailing list to find out when the next workshop is scheduled. The information below is for your reference only.
December 2–4, 2015
STEP ONE: Read the Project and Team Selection Guidelines for helpful tips on selecting a project and identifying team members to bring to the workshop.
STEP TWO: Submit an application with details about your potential project. Participate in a brief consultation about your application with a Carnegie improvement advisor.
STEP THREE: Following your consultation, please register your team here to confirm your participation.
- The primary point of contact for your team should register first as the “team leader.” The leader will indicate the total number of people on the team, including the team leader. For example, a team of 3 includes the team leader and 2 team members.
- Note: If your organization plans to send multiple teams working on multiple projects, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The total fees for all team members must be paid by the team leader at the time of registration. Payment may be provided by credit card or check, which must be mailed to the Carnegie Foundation within 15 business days of your registration date.
- Upon successful completion of the team leader registration, s/he will receive a confirmation email with a link that should be sent to each individual team member. Team members will then register online using this link, providing the name of the team leader for reference.
- Once registration is complete, all team members will receive instructions for pre-work activities as well as a copy of the text, Learning to Improve.
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each registration includes access to the 3-day workshop, daily breakfast and lunch, a networking reception, and a copy of Learning to Improve.
Participation by small teams (groups of 2-5 people working on the same project) is strongly encouraged, and discounts are available as follows:
- Individuals or Teams of 2 = $2,650 per person
- Teams of 3 to 5 = $2,650 per person for the first two people, then $2,250 per person for any additional people
- Teams of 6 or More = The fee structure starts over beginning with the 6th team member, who will be charged at the first person rate of $2,650.
Cancellations and Refunds
Refunds are limited to conference fees paid, and do not include any travel, lodging, transportation, or other fees paid independently of conference registration. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to the registration coordinator at email@example.com. To qualify for a full refund minus a $50 processing fee per person, written cancellation must be received by the Carnegie Foundation no later than 11:59 PM PDT on November 1, 2015. No refunds will be given beginning 12:00 AM PDT on November 2, 2015, nor will they be granted for no-shows. Substitutions are available at any time for no processing fee, and must be submitted by the original attendee through the online registration system.
Consent to Use Photographic Images
By registering and attending this event, you acknowledge that photographs and/or videos of you may be taken by our conference staff and/or hired photographers at any time. Furthermore, you grant the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching permission to use photographs and/or video of your likeness in any type of media, including websites and print publications, without compensation or reward.
Consent to Use Attendee Information
The Carnegie Foundation may publish a list of event participants including your name, title, and organization as listed on the registration form. In addition, the Carnegie Foundation may contact you to share information about upcoming events and programs. By registering for this event, you grant permission for the Carnegie Foundation to use your information for these purposes unless you have opted-out during the registration process.