The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching seeks a Digital Strategist to contribute strategic guidance and expertise to the Foundation’s digital communications approach. Reporting to the Managing Director of Communications and Public Engagement, this position will focus on supporting the Carnegie brand and strategic priorities by designing, improving, and maintaining digital content with an emphasis on social media. This position will also collaborate with internal communications staff and external clients, partners, and prospects to ensure that all digital social content strategically reflects organizational priorities and specific program objectives.
- Develop targeted digital strategies for effective public engagement and marketing campaigns. (30%)
- Use paid promotion to boost posts and target preferred audiences. (10%)
- Track all social posts and paid promotion campaigns in a timely, organized, and effective manner. (10%)
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies. (10%)
- Perform market/competitor research as needed and stay aware of industry trends. (5%)
- Lead the website information architecture, content strategy and user experience, content publication and reporting. (20%)
- Implement email marketing campaigns. (10%)
- Assist with other marketing tasks as needed, to include brand strategy, event participation, and contribution to research initiatives. (5%)
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Digital Media, Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications.
- 5 years of professional work experience in social media strategy, and digital platform communications.
- 5 years of experience with assessment and reporting of digital campaigns and website metrics.
- 5 years of experience in social media advertising (paid and organic) on social platforms.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A strong writer with a demonstrated understanding of how to build campaigns incorporating email, social media, digital ads, and online content.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with UX and UI principles.
- Experience with Google Analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), and web/social media integration.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Able to set and follow schedules and meet deadlines.
- A strong verbal communicator and presenter.
- Able to work thoughtfully and flexibly as part of a team and with external partners.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and collaborative.
- Able to manage multiple and complex tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines.
Required Technical Skills
- Thorough technical skills in computer applications for digital production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, animation, web interaction, and/or other state-of-the-art digital communication capabilities.
- Proficient in Canva and Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent software packages, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and InDesign.
Benefits & Perks
- This position pays an annual salary between $107,600-$119,300
- Full medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death, disability, and long-term care insurance, as well as employer subsidized flexible spending plans
- A retirement savings plan, including employer contributions after one year of service
- Generous time-off benefits including paid holidays and paid parental leave
- Matching Gift program to benefit charitable organizations
- Educational Assistance to further your professional development
- The facility is located in Stanford, California in a quiet pastoral setting near a hiking trail.
- Amenities include a communal kitchen (coffee, tea, and drinks provided), outdoor eating areas, free parking, and electric car charging stations
Permanent link to page: https://carnegie.sunnybyte.review/engage-with-us/careers/listings/digital-strategist-communications-public-engagement/